Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Grandma Claus is coming to town

The threat of "being good" for Santa's arrival .......is getting me nowhere.

For the boy - there is no doubt - he fricken oozes "goodness". We have no idea where that comes from. His report card is actually a little boring, quite frankly .... oh another E followed by another "All of the Time".

Safari is a whooole different world. as usual.

Safari: "It is just waaay tooo hard."

Me: "What is way tooo hard?"

Safari: "Being good."

Me: "Don't you want Santa to bring you something nice?"

Safari: "Grandma will buy me something nice."

Me: "okkkkaay - your report card says you are very good at school - can't you just keep being good when you get home?"

Safari: "I can't be good for that long."

It's good to know your limitations, right?

 I have already told her that Santa's elves can watch you anywhere - so it is probably too late to tell her she should try being bad at school and good when she gets home, right? And Morally that seems wrong - but - FEELS like the right thing to do:  It would be like a little pre-Christmas present to myself?

Draven: "Safari - here's the thing - If you're really good - you will get something really nice from Grandma AND from Santa"

Safari: "It's too hard .... I will love what Grandma gives me."



WOW. That is a lot of confidence in a Grandma that used to be someones Mom that would walk all the way over to the box of Christmas oranges to get something else to fill the stockings up with. 

When exactly did I stop falling for?:

1. HEY somebody ate the rest of the Ferrero Rocher!!!
2. Never mind, it's fine - Santa put some in my stocking.

But - things HAVE changed - Safari and Draven have beautiful handmade stocking made by the same woman that handed me one of Dad's work socks that didn't have many holes in it.  Safari's stocking is PINK FUR! With her name sewn in beautiful pink lettering!?! How is Santa supposed to compete with that crap!

Screw it.  Being good is too hard. Maybe Grandma can make me a nice bottle of vodka.

3 comments:

  1. Once again I leave here laughing.
    Wow Grandma sure went through quite the transformation.
    I'm hoping that will happen with me too!
    This is the time of year one can believe in miracles.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, came here from Dana's and glad I did. I'm waaay past the raising kids stage, but I laughed at your household antics...brings back memories:) So now I'll be a follower and maybe send some others here, you're a hoot!!

    oops, I, and many others, growl at word verification...very unnecessary now. Just sayin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I tried once before to get rid of the word verification thingy! hmmm - may have to have Dana's tech support come help me!!!

    ReplyDelete